Saturday, September 4, 2010

We went to the Laugar pool this afternoon

There should be more of these in the US. The heated outdoor pools and hot tubs are all open to the public for a reasonable fee and there are well-maintained facilities. This particular pool had both an indoor and outdoor pool, a hot pot (shallow hot tub), and 4 hot tubs at 38, 40, 42, and 44 degrees, and a sea water hot tub. I tried out the 44 degree hot tub and couldn't stay in for more than a minute. The water was so hot, I felt like I had pins and needles in my hands and feet. I can't even imagine the hot pools in Japan that are 50 degrees! We spent about 2 hours at the pool and are now waiting for our table at Seafood Cellar restaurant.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. The major problem with things like this in the US - everything is in hhe hands of FDA; the termal pools are very popular in Europe, as a matter of fact we enjoyed it in Germany 2 weeks ago. I can imagine a magnitude of the law suite in the US if somebody will have a heart issue in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can see that, actually we stayed in a bit on the long side and then Wenjun and I felt a bit overheated.

    ReplyDelete